Saturday, June 05, 2010

More 3d modeling

Despite the hangup of the past few days, I've still been working a little on the modeling. I downloaded makehuman to get a quick generic mesh to build off of (honestly it's a pretty good mesh, but since it's in so many peices (separate objects, not just groups) i can't really rig it or anything for poses, so I'm still going to revisit that), and have started working on some clothing / accessories. So here's a screenshot:

So it looks pretty good, I'm mostly happy with the design for this particular outfit. I'm still messing with a few ideas, but we'll see. The ovalish thing off to the side is going to become a sword at some point, even though the sword isn't the most appropriate for this character (I'm still working on how to make that work). I'm probably going to make at least 2, if not 3 outfits and a couple poses for the characters, once I get more of the hang of how this all works.


So far, the outfit is just using simple materials to get the colors. I've tried including some textures to add topology, but the bump maps don't seem obvious, at least to me. It might just be a zoom thing, and it might only be at render time, I haven't messed with it much. One of the things I am going to do is add a sigil for the character. I've started designing it, using Alchemy, but I'm not sure how i feel about the overall shape. Still, I'm going to play with it and try and get some more gradient coloring going on once I get home and can review the videos I have on how to do it.

As you can see, the shape isn't great, it's a little strange. It has some promise, but I have to do some thinking before I can include it into the previous work. The colors are also going to be played with, and if I can figure out how, i'd like to get the compositor working on it to make it glow slightly.

No comments: