Friday, April 30, 2010

First attempt at character modeling

So I've started, over the past few weeks, to try and model one of the characters for my novel. So far, I'm pretty unhappy with it, but it's  awork in progress. I suspect, at the moment, that I've included too many polygons, and it's becoming hard to clean things up, so when I make some small mistake, it blows up quickly.

However, in the interest of completeness, I'll post what I have so far here.




Breasts are definately harder than I expected, and if I went back and did them again, I might have a better shot. However, as it is, I tried it one way and am somewhat regretting it. The hip/groin area I'm also not happy about, though it's much better than it even was just this morning. All in all, progress but this is going to take some work. Arms and Legs are my next major area to tackle (as you can see, they're quite low detail).

No comments: