Friday, March 12, 2010

Book Review: Percy Jackson

So I'll admit that today's entry is a bit of a cheat. I had a better entry plan, but with the recruiting weekend not much has been done.

So I've been putting off finishing my current read for some time, and I can't quite figure out why. In another fit of reading last weekend, I finished Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. The book was recently turned into a movie, and I had seen the movie before reading the book.

The book was entertaining, the story was a little more detached than the movie (some scenes were just happening, as opposed to having tight ties to the plot), but I felt the causality in the book was more complete. I got a better picture of the characters, and the wacky pseudo-romance was less of a point of confusion. It felt so awkward in the movie, but the book was well placed I thought. 

I enjoyed the book, and it's a nice quick read. I'll try for another entry soon.

No comments: